Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

In Loving Memory A.C. Crispin



I am saddened to hear the news of A.C. Crispin aka Ann Carol Crispin. 

Apparently, I missed a note she had posted on Facebook regarding her two year struggle with cancer. Her co-blogger also shared her note on their well-known blog WRITER BEWARE. If you've missed it, you can find it here:
A Message From Writer Beware Co-Founder and Chair, Ann Crispin

The announcement of her death is posted HERE

About six years ago when I first started writing I came across her amazing WRITER BEWARE blog (if you're a writer, chances are you're familiar with this blog) and after all these years I am still subscribed to her site. In fact, I just received an email post just days ago. It's such an amazing and helpful blog for writers.

I remember contacting her in my early years of writing. I can't quite remember why I decided to get in touch but I know one thing. It had to do with writerly advice. She was a great listener and such a caring person. I'll never forget her taking time out of her busy schedule for me and I'll never forget her generous heart. She shared selflessly to the writing community and I am forever grateful to have known her and her blog. 

It really breaks my heart that she is no longer with us. All us writers will continue to keep her legacy alive. 

We will miss you so very much, Ann!! Thank you so much for taking care of us and keeping us from harm's way! May you rest in peace. ♥♥

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad. I hear the pain in your memorial. A touching good-bye.

Deborah K. Anderson said...

She did the same for me, Mart. She was always willing to help others.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

A very nice tribute. :)