Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Miracle Cocktail


Since summer is here and it's always a nice feeling to get things spruced up and organized, I just had to share a little miracle cocktail that works amazing wonders.

Last post I shared how to get a whiter and brighter smile  and I just felt the need to share this useful tip as well.

Miracle Cocktail = Less bathroom slaving & more writing/reading time :)

If you have stubborn water stains (shower doors/shower floor etc.) this will help diffuse them.

My little experiment started out by trying to remove the water stains from the base of the ice and water dispenser in my refrigerator. And it worked!!

The cocktail?

Simple. Simple.

BAKING SODA & VINEGAR

For my fridge ice and water dispenser, I poured a little vinegar and a little baking soda- let it set for about fifteen minutes.

I used a little brush to loosen things up and ALL the water stains disappeared. Wish I discovered this trick years ago.

As for the shower floor, I followed the same steps however, I used a tile brush with coarse/stiff bristles and scrubbed.

For the shower door, it's most easiest to pour a mixture of baking soda and vinegar in a spray bottle and soak the doors. I like to also make a baking soda paste and apply over it.

If the buildup is extensive, it might be necessary to make a fresh batch a few times.

Supplies:

Baking soda
Vinegar
Spray bottle
Tile brush with stiff bristles



Happy summer!! XOXO

Shout out to Stina Lindenblatt for trying out my cocktail!!






6 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

The vinegar and baking soda paste works great on some grout too! Thanks for the tip.

Sheri Fredricks said...

You bet I'm going to try this!

Mart Ramirez said...

@Natalie, that was next on my list when I have more time. Yes, yes, yes! Stubborn grout is the worst. :( So glad these two little guys can battle it.

@Sheri, Yay!!

Angela Ackerman said...

I am so excited about this, I can't even articulate it!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Anything for less bathroom slaving... This is fabulous! Trying it today. Thanks so much for sharing your awesomesaucesome wisdom. ;)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I'm going to try this tomorrow on my shower. Thanks for the tips. :)