Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bucket List




Photo by Martha Ramirez

How many of you have already made a bucket list? You know things to do before you kick the bucket.

For those of you who've already seen the movie Bucket List, you know exactly what I'm talking about. For those of you who haven't, go out and rent it. It's an unforgettable heart-warming story.


Over the years I have compiled a list mentally, but I thought it was time to jot it all down and see what I've missed.

I can't always depend on my memory and besides it's always fun to compare notes. Right? So here it goes in no particular order:

  I would love to learn how to sing—but that's definitely not going to happen. Reaching for my red pen and crossing that one off.

 Songwriting would be an absolute blast. I've always wanted to write songs. If I can't sing them, might as well write them. Which leads me to...

 Dee-jaying. Call me crazy but ever since high school I always wanted to be a dee-jay. Who knows maybe I'll be spinning beats as an 80 year old. {G}


 Learn how to paint. Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Picasso, Claude Monet, Rembrandt—need I say more?


 Discover how to play an electric guitar. How hard can it be? Okay, so it's not that easy, but I find it intriguing to be able to create music by a stroke of a string. I've always wanted to rock out in a band. Remember the movie High School Rock? Yeah, like that!


 Go up in a hot-air balloon? Maybe. I'd have to REALLY check out who is conducting it first. But I would love to see what the world looks like from way high and since I am too chicken to go sky diving, it's the next best thing. (I know someone who isn't chicken though! Come check out my good buddyToni Kelly's sky diving experience HERE)


Photo by Karol Pomplin


 Graphic/Web design. There's just something compelling about designing Web sites and creating incredible images. Fun, fun, fun!

 
 I absolutely would LOVE to visit Italy. But then again who wouldn't? Ah, to climb the Tower of Pisa. To float down the Grand Canal in a gondola on a moonlit night.

To savor a slice of pizza in Naples. Maybe even ride a bicycle through Tuscany. And let's not forget about the Vatican. Must see Michelangelo's breathtaking work at the Sistine Chapel. Ciao!

Cake decorating. I have always been eager to learn how to decorate cakes. Maybe one day...

 
 Last but not least, I would love to write material for comedians, but then again that may mean career suicide for the comedian. But hey, you never know.

P.S. And before you ask where my good deeds list is, don't worry I have one of those as well. It's not all fun and games. ☺
Oh, and of course hitting the NY bestselling list would be nice, wouldn't it D'Ann?

So what about you? What's on your bucket list?




21 comments:

Kary said...

I loved the movie. Great dialogue. My 73 year-old mom is in Hawaii right now. She said this was one of the last things on her bucket list and I told her she needed to get a new bucket.

Martha Ramirez said...

LOL! Love it, Kary. So cute!

D'Ann said...

Oh my golly!

This is a great question.

1. Be on American Idol. Nevermind I can't sing a note.

2. Jump horses. I've ridden all my life, but not English.

3. Be a supermodel. Just for a day or two. I'd like to know what it feels like to be desired by men around the globe.

4. Write and sell and NYT bestseller. That one should've been at the top of the list.

5. Go to Australia.

4. Run a winning time at the National Finals Rodeo.

5. Live in NYC. Just for a month or so, long enough but not so long that I go buggy from the lack of mts, clean air and space.

6. Dance ballet.

7. Enter one of my Aussies in dog agility.

8. Have a herd of black Angus cattle.

10. Herd those cattle with my dad again.

Martha Ramirez said...

What a great list, D'Ann! Yeah, hmm what would it be like to be a supermodel hmmm. Guess, I'll never know. But I can always pretend.

Oh, and of course. Alltime dream for every writer: to hit the NY best sellers list. I think of that all the time, how could I have missed it?? LOL. Thanks for stopping by. It was fun reading your list.

Toni Kelly said...

Goodness, these are great lists and lots of food for thought. I have a ton but I'll give five that come to mind:
1) Learn 3 more languages
2) Travel the world
3) Go diving with whale sharks in Thailand
4) Become a successful writer by my standards
5) Live life to the fullest (help others and make something of my life. Leave an impression)

Thanks for this Mart, it was fun.

Sheri Fredricks said...

Hi Mart~ When I read everyone's lists, I think, "Yeah, I want to do that too." I never gave it much thought. Well, here goes:

1) Do something really great.
2) Make a difference in someone's life.
3) Speak to my mother in her native tongue.
4) Actually win a competition I enter.
5) Sell my MS to an agent who loves it. (NYT would be nice too)
6) Learn to sail a boat single-handed.
7) Work a flock of 100+ sheep with our dogs.
8) Ride a race horse around the track.
9) Drive the Baja 100.
10) See Europe & go on that horseback pub crawl.

Thank you for reminding me of the dreams I thought long forgotten.

Terri main said...

I already completed one list. So I am putting together another, which is turning out to be a retirement life list (a term I find preferable to bucket list). I posted mine at

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150132489869643

Terri main said...

I'm working on a Reading Life List as well and will be posting it soon.

Jenna Jaxon said...

Wow! Some awesome list items! I've had a list for a while and some are the same as some of yours. Would be a kick to do them together. LOL

1. See one of my books in print
2. Ride the Orient Express
3. Visit Australia
4. Visit India (probably the same time as the Australia trip)
5. Attend a Venitian masquerade and flirt shamelessly with a stranger
6. Go up in a hot-air balloon
7. Stand in the ruins of the Greek and Roman theatres
8. Live in an Irish villiage for a year.
9. Learn to ride a horse without falling off (tried many times and no luck)
10. Speak French fluently.

Great post! I'm getting on those right away!

Brenda said...

Oh, I love this.

1)Become a published author. I would love to have fans who love my characters as much as I do.

2)Be a singer. That would be a blast, and I love singing, just not all that great at it.

3)Visit castles in England and Scotland. I love history.

4)Visit New Zealand where LOTR's was filmed.

5)Meet Viggo Mortenson in his Aragorn get up. Oh, and kiss him, hehehe.

6)Ride in a rodeo, roping calves.

7)Learn to dance like on Dancing with the Stars.

8)Figure out a way to keep the raccoons out of my yard, lol.

There's more that I would love to see and do before i kick the bucket, but I just can't think of anymore right now.

Martha Ramirez said...

Wow. You ALL have some great lists! Thank you so much for sharing. Looks like I need to expand mine :) This was great fun.

Ash said...

I have yet to see that movie! *adding that to my 'Bucket List'* I have always kept a list and for the most part, each time I make a list, I do indeed get to do all on it...but, I don't have an updated written list--so, this is off the top of my head.

1. Learn to speak French.
2. Go to Hawaii.
3. Sky-dive (has always been on my list and is the only thing I've yet to do on my list)
4. Travel abroad, esp, Spain, Italy and Greece.
5. Take my hubby to where I am from and show him where I grew up.

That is all I can think of right now! But thanks for the reminder to always have a list written down!
And, Mart, they say anyone can learn to sing--go for it! ;)

Martha Ramirez said...

Ash, you got to go to Hawaii. Maui is the bomb!Great list.

And really? They say anyone can learn to sing huh? The wheels are turning. Watch out American Idol! :)

Martha Ramirez said...

Oh, and Ash, LOL about putting Bucket List on your list. You need to watch it. Very touching

Sheri Fredricks said...

@ Brenda: Do you want to head or heel? LOL And do the Scottish pub crawl with me on horseback! B&B's are included :) I kid you not!!

Martha Ramirez said...

LOL Sheri!

Zee Monodee said...

Oooh, good one! I have to see that movie!

I haven't really thought about my bucket list, but let's give it a try:

1. Live in Manhattan, preferably the Gossip Girl type lifestyle. :)
2. Take a cruise in the Mediterranean
3. Experience Ireland.
4. Have a huge book backlist to my name.

That's about it, I guess... Great post!

Karen Cioffi said...

Great topic,

I loved that movie also. Hmmm, not something I've thought about, but number one on my bucket list would be to see my great grandchildren and be healthy enough to enjoy it!

Then it'd be to visit Italy, Greece, and all the states. And, like Zee, have a HUGE book backlist to my name.

Martha Ramirez said...

Great lists Zee and Karen. Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great topic. I've only seen part of the movie. Planning on watching the whole thing after Easter. I think I'll work on my list then.
Have a wonderful day! Enjoyed reading your bucket list.

Martha Ramirez said...

Please come back and share, Susanne:)