Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Reads

Happy New Years everyone!  
Hope you all had an awesome holiday. It's that time of year again. Time to share books read the year prior.
Last year (2011) I read 28 books.  
In 2009 it was 32. 
In 2008 a total of 30. 

And so on...
I think what happened this year, why I had less novels on my list was I read more of my critique partners' manuscripts. 
Awesome mss btw! Can't wait to see them in print!
Anyway, all the books I've read are also listed on my Goodreads profile. 
Drop by and come connect with me on GOODREADS.
 Also you can check out my reviews on my site HERE


KIDNAP & RANSOM by Michelle Gagnon 

WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr

DOUBLE MINDS by Terri Blackstock

SAVE THE CAT 2 by Blake Snyder


HOW TO MARRY A DUKE by Vicky Dreiling

SHIMMER by Alyson

THE BREAKOUT NOVELIST by Donald Maass

WRITING THE PARANORMAL NOVEL by Steven Harper


KISS AND BLOG by Alyson

HOOKED by Les Edgerton

FORSAKEN by Leanna Ellis

EVERLASTING by Alyson

MY LIFE UNDECIDED by Jessica Brody

THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins

CITY OF BONES by Cassandra Clare

AIRHEAD by Meg Cabot

FICTION FIRST AID by Raymond Obstfeld

LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa Roecker and Laura Roecker

SAVING ZOE by Alyson

RIPTIDE by Cherry Adair

Polishing the PUGS by Kathy Ide
DREAMLAND by Alyson  
LAGUNA COVE by Alyson

EAT PRAY LOVE by Elizabeth Gilbert

SILENCE by Becca Fitzpatrick

Which books have you read? 
Which do you recommend? 
If you had to pick your absolute fave book in 2010, which would it be?

11 comments:

D'Ann said...

Hmmm...I honestly don't remember most titles, but I liked the three by Kat Martin quite a bit. The Against the... series.

Anonymous said...

I can't even count the number of books I read some that left an impression were: Poison Study, Matched, Sacred Scars, Fifty Shades of Grey, Devil In Winter, Ransom, Gabriel's Inferno, The Fever Series, The Highlander Series (upto book five) and my favorite book of the year - Outlander! Jesus God, I love Jaime Fraser.

Brenda said...

Wow, Mart. Impressive list.
I haven't read as many as you. I need to up my reading in 2012.

Jenna said...

I write so much and read my crit partners' work more than published works.

The ones I do remember are
Glee by Patricia Green
Daughter of the Moon I & II by Patrica Green
(Almost everything by Patricia Green really)
The Scandalous Countess by Jo Beverley
That Perfect Someone by Joanna Lindsay
And currently reading Outlander, suggested by Kary Rader, and loving it! Favorite historical I've read this year. :)

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to pick up Stephanie Tyler's SEAL series last year and wow! Awesome books! Now I buy everything she publishes! Also read my fav Cherry Adair and some Suzanne Brockmanns. I plan on reading much more this year than last :) Fun post!

Karen Cioffi said...

I'm sorry to say that last year I didn't read any novels. I spent my time reading writing and marketing information and attending webinars and such. While this is important, I hope to devote some time this year to reading fiction again.

Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing

Daryl Devore said...

I read MS by Mart Ramirez and CE by - oh - the same author - Mart Ramirez and FB - by - can you believe it the same author - Mart Ramirez

christine warner said...

Impressive list Mart! I honestly can't remember the names of all the books I've read, but I can say that I know it's not as many as I normally read. Like someone else mentioned, I tended to critique a lot of my friends stories and read several books on learning my craft. I do know I read some books in there, some from Catherine Mann, I just finished one by Lynne Marshall and am working very slowly on a few others. I wish I could read more.

As for Goodreads, I signed up for them, now I just need to learn how to use it. SO when I do, I'll be looking you up!

Happy New Year!

Elana Johnson said...

Great reading list! And HOLD THE PHONE. There is another SAVE THE CAT book?! I just went and ordered it. The first one changed my life.

Mart Ramirez said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by.

Elana..what???? How did i miss that??? Thank you!

Mart Ramirez said...

Elana, did you mean the Save the Cat trilogy or is there a brand new one that came out recently?