Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

THE BOOKSHELF MUSE/THESAURUS


  The Bookshelf Muse


Ever struggle to find the right word or perhaps the right imagery for a certain setting?

Or maybe you can't think of the right description. Sensory plays an important role. Sight, touch, smell, taste, and sound are all ways to breathe life into characters and setting.

Descriptive word choices sometimes don't come easy. I stumbled across a site I would like to share with you. I guarantee it can help.

Angela Ackerman is a writer of Chapter Books, Middle Grade, and Young Adult books and she has an AWESOME blog that includes a gold mine.

THE BOOKSHELF MUSE is filled with extraordinary info. It has an emotional thesaurus, setting description, a color, texture, and a shape thesaurus— even a symbolism thesaurus!

I HIGHLY recommend this site.

Links to the thesaurus are to the right of the page. Don't forget to bookmark it.

Thank you, Angela for sharing!

5 comments:

Angela Ackerman said...

Hey thanks for the post! I'm so glad you find my collections useful. :) Happy writing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link Martha.

Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz said...

Mart, thanks for sharing this link. My thesaurus isn't always handing, so it's good to know I can find this information on line.

Danie Marie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this site with us, Martha.

Jennifer Slattery said...

Wow, I will have to check that out. Thanks!