Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Katy Perry's Firework



Okay, so Katy Perry's new song FIREWORK will not, cannot get out of my head. It's one of those catchy tunes that just linger in your memory. You know the ones. You hear it once and then the beat swarms its way deep, deep down and you can't get it out of your mind.



Why do I think it hooked me?


First off, it has such an energetic beat that it literally makes me wanna "ignite the light and let it shine." (This is part of the lyrics. Please do not get it confused with anything else.)


Secondly, have you listened to the lyrics? WOW! Talk about deep. I don't care what profession you are in or striving for or what's going on in your life. Everyone can find meaning in this song. Everyone.


Apparently, I am not the only one who is inspired. YA author Elana Johnson wrote up an awesome post about FIREWORK here What We Can Learn From Katy Perry


The next time you feel like "wasted space" or itching to give up, turn up the volume and REALLY listen to this song. YOU ARE A FIREWORK. No doubt. (See below for lyrics and official video.)

To all my writer buddies trying to get their foot in the door, this song's for you! This is your year to shine. Let the show begin. "'Cause baby you're a firework, come on show 'em what you're worth…"


To all my writer buddies already in the hallway…keep 'em coming! Keep shining.

As for me, I'm gonna do my best to shoot across the sky. Care to join me?


To Katy Perry—you rock! Thanks for such an amazing song.


Q: How about you? Are you hooked too?








14 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

My daughter loves this song! She had me listen to it and you know what? I actually thought it had some really encouraging lyrics. Now its stuck in my head!
Edge of Your Seat Romance

martha Ramirez said...

I love it, love it, love it too! :) Thanks for commenting, Raquel.

Duckie said...

I love this song...this is my hubby's motivational hockey song...Anything I can dance to I my kinda song, but these wicked lyrics are the icing on the cake...awesome post mart!

Martha Ramirez said...

Yay, Duckie! And to Hubby too:)Icing on the cake is right.

Brenda said...

WhaHoo!!! Thanks for this Mart. Lately I have been feeling low, but after listening and watching the vid I feel better. I have the strength and courage to continue on with my synopsis.

Martha Ramirez said...

Good to hear, Brenda! Happy writing!

Robin said...

I got the Katy Perry CD for Christmas. And I must confess, "Teenage Dream" is my favorite song. It really spoke to me, as a romance writer, with the heroine head-over-heels in love with her hero who "gets her."

"Firework" is my second favorite. The lyrics are super-inspirational and the beat is awesome!

Excellent post, Mart!

Martha Ramirez said...

Robin, I've heard about Teenage Dream. I gotta check that one out:) Also, her new nail polishes are awesome. Teenage Dream is one of my faves.

Stacy said...

Thanks for sharing Mart. This is a very inspiring song. I love to go running to it too. Helps clear your head and get you motivated.

Sheri Fredricks said...

Now the song is stuck in my head too! lol I'm skipping around the house and everyone thinks I've finally tipped over the edge. Great song! Great post.

Martha Ramirez said...

Good to hear. Dance away, Sheri.

Unknown said...

Love that post Elana did. This is really an inspirational song. Thanks for sharing Gidget.

Martha Ramirez said...

Thank you, Charli!

Anonymous said...

This is a catchy tune. Now I'll be singing it while doing my housework.
: )