Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Word Count Mania

Photo by Karol Pomplin




I came across an excellent article (see below) that I thought is worth sharing. In this article author, Rachel Aaron, shares how she went from writing 2k words a day to 10k.

One word: WOW!

Wouldn't you like to know how she did it? I know I was intrigued the second I found the blog post. (You rock, Rachel!)

Anyway, with NaNo in action, it made for excellent timing.

One of the most important things you can do is eliminate distractions. Yes, it's hard but just like a mother with a whiny child, stick to your guns. Consistency (and effort) is key.

Okay, so here it is, the awesome article by Rachel Aaron: How I Went FromWriting 2,000 Words a Day to 10,000 Words a Day

Also see below for a video on great tips How To Focus and Get More Writing Done

 Happy Black Friday!!
What things have you noticed helped get your word count up?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the article. Interesting video.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mart! I am a timer setter myself, but I use 45 minute increments instead of 25. I just like the longer working times. However I think I might use the 25 minutes when I am feeling more restless and having trouble settling down. Now I'm off to check out the article on writing 10k instead of 2k. I would love to bump up my writing in this way!