Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!


A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. 

Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community.  

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS! 


To commemorate the release of their book The EmotionThesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. 

And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!


I want to give a ginormous THANK YOU to Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi—the creators of the most fabulous BOOKSHELF MUSE. For spending so much of your time creating thee most awesome thesaurus ever. We appreciate your hard work and believe me when I say it is continually put to good use. You guys rock!

There are so many people who I would like to blitz as a thank you. 

I would like to send out a BIG shout-out to all my fabulous CPs (you know who you are). THANK YOU for sharing all your awesome feedback! 

I don't know where I'd be without you guys. My mss shine because of you. Finding the right critique partners is truly a blessing and I am eternally thankful for YOU. Thank you for being part of my writing journey. I will never, ever forget those who were there for me. I ADORE you with all my heart! ❤❤❤❤❤❤

To my loyal readers.  I HEART YOU! And as I've said before, oh, how I appreciate you. Thank you so much for connecting!

To Lucienne Diver, who is an amazing author, agent, and person—a huge THANK YOU for sharing your invaluable insight. I really can't thank you enough. Thank you also for taking the time to connect with those in the publishing community. You truly are a gem! I am forever grateful I have gotten to know you. You're just plain AWESOME. P.S. Your appreciation package is on its way!


To James Scott Bell who is the most awesome writing coach. Ever. When I first started writing five years ago, I started with two writing books, On Writing by Stephen King and your Plot & Structure. I devoured every word faster than I could think. Then of course, I bought the rest of your writing books and they literally changed my life. I've learned so much from you, not just in your books but through your correspondence. Thank you for your extraordinary guidance and for helping me take my writing to the next level. Much gratitude and appreciation! Your blitz appreciation is on its way.


And to Cindy Bell for supporting JSB in his writing and for sharing all his awesome appearances with us. And just for plain being awesome. You two really make a great team! 


Thank you to Alyson Noël and Jessica Brody—the Bill Contardi sistas. For your encouragement and for your friendship, for your genuine support and for always having something fabulous to say. Your words have meant more than you know. I appreciate you! Endless thank yous for your inspiration and for reaching out and being you. XO I feel very privileged to have gotten to know you both. Gratitude packages are on the way!


Cherry Adair - What can I say? Love your witty personality and the way you reach out to others. Thank you for your kind words and for your words of wisdom. I will never forget your laughter and your encouragement. Your support is beyond special as so are you. So thankful for you! Gratzi!Appreciation is on its way!


Big thanks to Bonnie Calhoun, computer extraordinaire. I think you know more than Google itself. Ha! Seriously. Thank you for all your help and for never abandoning my questions. Appreciate you so much! (Check your email--you'll see why).

  
Kat Duncan, one of the best instructors out there. Thank you sooo very much for always making time for me. For sharing your insight and for steering me in the right direction. I appreciate you very much. Don't forget to check your email. :)


Casey McCormick, I cannot thank you enough for Literary Rambles! Thank you for starting Agent Spotlight and for all the invaluable info. And thank you so much for your latest feedback and praise.  Much appreciated!  To Natalie Aguirre, thank you for partnering up with Casey and contributing your awesomeness to the blog. You both rock!


I really appreciate all of you and I know I sound like a broken record (excuse the cliché) but it's true. I can't help it if I repeat it. I am beyond fortunate to have gotten to know ALL of you! YOU GUYS ROCK! My heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you. 

Love to you ALL. Big hugs XXXX


Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy—come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)


Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.


Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  


Let me know in the comments!


If you have a minute, please stop in and tell these fellow author and friends how awesome they are! 

As a closing I'd like to invite you to their sites and their blogs (also be sure to click on their names above for Twitter links). And don't forget to pay it forward and share RAOK. You'll never know whose heart you'll touch.  



Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi   Blog

Lucienne Diver   Blog   Website

James Scott Bell  Blog   Website

Cindy Bell   Facebook

 Alyson Noël         Blog   Website

Jessica Brody       Blog   Website

Cherry Adair       Blog   Website

Bonnie Calhoun    Blog   Website

Kat Duncan            Blog   Website

Casey McCormick  & Natalie Aguirre Blog
 

27 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks so much Martha for including us in your awesome list of people you appreciate. Casey and I are honored.

And I love Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell too!

Kat Duncan said...

Hi Mart! Thanks for the shout out. It's always a pleasure to hear from you and I enjoy reading your work! :) Kat

James Scott Bell said...

Mart, I appreciate the kind words. Thanks.

Lucienne said...

Martha, thank you so much! And so funny that you should be giving me a shout out the same day I do the say to you (*grin*). Check the comment I just posted here: http://www.magicalwords.net/lucienne-diver/cheerleaders/

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Thank you Mart. Your questions are always good ones!

What a great way to honor people. I feel blessed.

Patti said...

That's a great list of people. This is such a great thing today, I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's RAOKs

Alyson Noel said...

Mart- thank you for the shout-out! It's been an absolute pleasure to know you and I'm always rooting for you!

:)

Alyson

Sheri Fredricks said...

A crit partner is more than someone who makes your MS bleed. The good ones, the ones that are rare and hard to find, will cry in emails with you, laugh with you on Skype, and kick you when you really need it the most.

You've been all those things for me. Thanks Bulldog.

Brenda said...

I want to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for all you have done for not only me, but countless others. You have held my hand and cheered for me when I just didn't think I could go on anymore.


THANK YOU for everything--thank you for just being you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha! Great post!
: )

Becca Puglisi said...

Thanks so much for sharing all of the writers who've impacted you, and their blogs/websites so others can discover them too!

Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

D'Ann said...

Great post, Mart!
You're such a great supporter of us all, we don't tell you thanks enough. Hugs. And drop by Daryl's blog today...

Daryl Devoré said...

Love ya too Mart. :-)

Casey McCormick said...

Martha! You are too sweet. Thank you for including Natalie and me. We so love being a part of this community. And if you need any more feedback, you know where to find me!

Kary Rader said...

Great past, Martha! It's always in fashion to be grateful! Hugs and love to you.

Mart Ramirez said...

THANK YOU for all the precious comments! I appreciate you all!

fOIS In The City said...

Thanks to you, Martha. To all the great women at RWA-WF and GIAM ... to the dozens who support each other every day. I joined in on the fun to thank Laura Drake and then she beat me to the punch.

I'll post it nevertheless and link on our loop or facebook :)

Anonymous said...

Great post, Mart!

Angela Ackerman said...

Martha, thank you! It's great t know our blog is helping you, and I love all these people you've profiled. So many great folks, and all of them are craft experts and really go out of their way to help others. That's what this is all about!

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm on this project! When I started to get a little freaked out about 'what if it doesn't work', or 'what if people don't rally behind it', I just thought about you and how excited you were, lol and it calmed me down :)

Thanks for all you do for the writing community!

Angela

Melissa Limoges said...

Very lovely post, Martha! You really are a star, buttercup! Thank you for being the awesome caring, supportive person you are!

LaTessa Montgomery said...

Excellent RAOK post! Congrats to all the honorees :-)

Melissa K. Norris said...

God always knows who to bring together, even across the internet. So glad He directed our paths to cross. :)

Stina said...

That is an awesome list of people. I couldn't decide and was afraid of forgetting someone important if I picked more than one person. Plus my list would have been very long. :D

Now to check out the blogs you listed.

Toni Kelly said...

Mart, you are a wonderful crit partner too. Thanks for all your kind words and support. You're a model for many of us. Great post!

Miriam Forster said...

Yay! What a list!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mart. I have some wonderful CPs too and some very great writing friends.

Sorry I'm so late..... :-(

Unknown said...

What an amazing list of people in your corner! Hope you had an amazing RAOK week yourself!