Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

ROOOOOOOAAAAR!



Have you heard Katy Perry's newest song Roar? I haven't either until I came across a video of critics discussing it. 

She recently performed at the MTV VMAs, and a critic mentioned how she wasn't a fan of Katy's, but she actually really liked the song. When the other critic agreed, it totally sparked my interest. I knew I had to hear it.

I have to admit Katy Perry really catches my heart a lot of the time. The girl always has the right words to say! Not to mention, teenager or not, a lot of her music is very catchy. When I heard her song Firework years ago, she won my heart. I've had a blog post 'to do' with Katy's name written all over it regarding her new song Roar and it has been sitting in a folder ready to write along with some videos and inspiration thoughts.

When I heard Roar for the first time it was OK but when I listened to it again and again I was hooked! I just listened to it on my SoundCloud yesterday. It's a kind of a song where the more you listen to, the more you're hooked. IMHO. Especially if you listen to the lyrics

A few weeks ago, I wanted to post my excitement/inspiration on Facebook and share the lyric video but thought nah, I'll save it for a blog post. Not everyone was going to agree with me, or maybe they'd bash on Katy, I thought. I had my fingers crossed my blog followers would find the message in her song.

Surely nobody would be as hooked as I was. I was totally wrong. Turns out I wasn't the only one who found inspiration in the song. I received a blog notification to Elana Johnson's blog post this morning and she too found brilliance in it. I love that Elana found inspiration in it too!!! Great minds think alike!!!!! :-)) You can find her post HERE.


All I gotta say is Katy is indeed a great inspiration to her fans. I am sure many will agree.

A little background note, Katy had mentioned in a video she was going through some dark moments and that's where a lot of her songs came about. Well, no wonder the lyrics are heartfelt! Katy, you rock!

Below you will find two lyrics videos (one is easier to read, the other is an official KP lyric video-pretty creative how they added lyrics in a text!) and I've also included the official video to ROAR. I hope you find it just as inspiring as we did!  

Dance through that fire and ROOOOOOOAAAAR! Happy Friday everyone!!  

Click HERE to view my FIREWORK POST I wrote two years ago. This includes the video which I will also include below.


This video is the lyric video to ROAR.



This video is different from the above. It's the creative text lyric video.

  Official ROAR video.



Lyrics to FIREWORK.




6 comments:

Stina said...

I love the song!!! I haven't seen the video yet, and unfortunately I can't on my MacBook (don't have the plugin installed). I'll have to watch it later on my PC.

Anonymous said...

I was just recently at Elana's blog where she mentioned Katy Perry and the song Roar.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

OMGoodness! I have to get that song! It speaks to me so well right now. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Angela Ackerman said...

I can't watch the video but the song is good. Hope the house hunting is going well for you and everything else is looking up! :)

Carol Riggs said...

Those ARE cool lyrics! I'd heard of the song but hadn't listened to it yet. Now I have, thanks! :) Cute video too (I watched the official version).

Mart Ramirez said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by and leaving a comment! Appreciate it!!