Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Guest star: Sherry Soule Moonlight Mayhem #MMBlogTour




Today I have the fabulous Sherry Soule, author of MOONLIGHT MAYEM on my site today! I've gotten the privilege to read MM in its early stages and it is a great story! Sherry is a very talented author and all around awesome person. 

Let's all give her a warm welcome!

Readers of the Spellbound series have often wondered if the town had a real-life counterpart. Is there a particular place that inspired the haunted area we’ve come to know and fear in the books?  

Yes. Actually, there have been many speculations, and now here’s a place you can actually visit.

While researching the different elements of Whispering Pines (my rendering of a Silent Hill-esque world) I came across Marin County in California while looking for a foggy and woodland area. 

The popular SF Bay Area tourist spot planted the seed for what developed into the fictional version of the town we’ve come to know and love as, Whispering Pines. The coastal town is located in the Madrone Woodlands near Larkspur, California neighboring Muir Woods. (You need to use a Bing map to locate the region.)

Echoes of the tragic disappearances still plague the area. When the season passes and all the tourists leave, the haunting memory of past events once again shatter the peace of the inhabitants of Whispering Pines...

Is there anything based on real people or places in this YA series?
Yes. Ravenhurst Manor is based on a real haunted house in California and like I said, Whispering Pines.

Tell us about your beautiful book cover and thrilling book trailer!
The artistic and talented Parajunkee Designs created the cover. She’s ingenious! You can watch the awesome book trailer on YouTube  



What do you enjoy doing when not writing?

Watch scary movies or catch up on my favorite TV shows. (Yeah, I’m as passionate about my shows as I am about reading.) 



I watch “SUPERNATURAL”, “The Vampire Diaries”, “True Blood”, “Lost Girl”, “Game of Thrones”, “Revenge”, and “The Secret Circle”.



What is the first thing you like to do when planning a new project?

I never really plan a new project. If I get an idea for a story—I just tend to start writing it. :-D

Do you listen to music, drink coffee, etc. while writing?
Not usually. I prefer it quiet. I drink Rockstars when I need a quick energy boost. Don’t like outside distractions. Unless my cat needs a lap.

What other projects are you working on or having coming out next?
The third book in the Spellbound series, “DESTINY DISRUPTED” will be released sometime in early 2013 and an adult paranormal romance novel, “DISENCHANTED” is being published in Fall 2012.

What do you find so attractive about the supernatural? And how is that reflected in your work?

The adventure. The world building. The way that anything can and will happen, is most attractive to me. And I’ve always had a morbid fascination with haunted houses.

Tell us about your writing space/environment. What time of day or night are you most productive?
Afternoon to evening. I’m not a morning person. (ask my family) My workspace is surrounded by books and art. I write in a built-on family and since the extra room was built without a foundation, I get a lot of creepy-crawlers. 


Not to mention, there is a forest area behind my house. So far, I’ve had a bat, wolf spider, salamander, lizard, slugs, black widow spiders, and a centipede. Yuk. These creatures tend to entertain my cat, but totally freak me out. LOL

What aspect of writing has been the most difficult for you?
Plotting is hard for me. I write scenes then have to piece them together like a puzzle, if one doesn’t fit, it is removed.


Any advice for aspiring writers?

Yes! I have blog devoted to writers: “Fiction Writing Tools” that has tons of advice for writers at any stage in their career, with agent and author interviews, and insider publishing secrets. 


Please visit me online at: http://fictionwritingtools.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for being a guest! Wishing you the best on your new book!


MOONLIGHT MAYHEM Synopsis:


Otherworldly Creatures. Dazzling Magic. Fiery Romance.
Shiloh Ravenwolf thought she was getting used to the strange events in Whispering Pines, until the full moon brings another surge of supernatural threats to her coastal town. Ferocious wolves, deadly necromancers, and shambling zombies have descended upon the neighborhood, so Shiloh needs to gain control of her magical abilities—fast!
 
It sucks that she has a crippling fear of the dark, which for a demon hunter can be an epic problem.
When her classmates are attacked by a mysterious creature and her father is murdered, Shiloh vows vengeance. Forcing her phobias aside, she forms an unlikely coven of supernaturally gifted teens to help her eradicate this menace. 


Except that's not all Shiloh has to worry about. She’s battling a different monster within herself and struggling not to become the very thing she fights: evil.
 
But with demon blood inside her—anything can happen…
Moonlight Mayhem is the second novel in the unforgettably epic Spellbound series



 



Where you can find author, Sherry Soule online:
Spellbound Series Universe: http://thespellboundseries.blogspot.com
Twitter @WriterSherry: http://twitter.com/writersherry
Awesome Book Trailers/YouTube: http://youtu.be/5uqVXKygvUs


13 comments:

Daryl Devoré said...

How awesome that you found a town that can represent the town in your story.

will be checking out your blog in a few moments.

Victoria Adams said...

I like how the "forest creatures" entertain your cat but gross you out.

I'm a morning person too.

Plotting is a problem for me as well.

Great interview.

Karen Wilson-Lopp said...

Great intervew. Love the cover.

Kary Rader said...

Great interview. Your book sounds like spooky fun!

Ella Quinn said...

What a wonderful interview. Congratulations on your book!!

Mart Ramirez said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by!

Brenda said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH, a fellow Supernatural watcher! Nice to meet ya! My name is Brenda and I am a hopeless Sam and Dean lover, lol.

But anyway, your book sounds flipping AWESOME!

Sheri Fredricks said...

I think I've been to that scary place in San Francisco.

Great interview, love your book's cover.

Stina said...

My family usually rents a house in Marin County whenever we visit SF. We love the place.

Great interview!

Stacey Brutger said...

I love reading about haunted places, but I'm not sure if I'd like to be stuck in one.

Great show choices. Looks like I have to catch up on a few shows.
I love horror, sci-fi and scary shows, too.

Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKES the book trailer is awesome! Can I ask how you learned how to make it??? After reading the blurb, which was excellent by the way, I'm reading this book! Nice job ladies, my list keeps getting longer :D

Mart Ramirez said...

LOL Brenda

Sheri--I don't think I have I need to check that out.

Stina-That's cool! SF rocks!

Stacey-I don't know if I could handle being stuck in one either.

Sydney--I emailed you but just in case anyone else is wondering--look above. Sherry mentions Parajunkie put it together for her. Very talented. Goes with the book :)

Sherry S- Thank you so much for being a guest!!!! You so awesome!

S. A. Soule, Creativity Coach said...

Thanks for having me as a guest. I hope everyone enjoys the interview and are interested in learning more about the thrilling YA Spellbound series and my other adult novels.

Happy Reading!
~Sherry

Check out my Books!